As many of you heard last evening, Governor Reynolds issued additional Enhanced Public Health Measures effective today. One of those measures suspends all organized youth and adult sport activities in Iowa until December 10. This time of year, there are several events in a variety of locations that are affected. In an effort to provide clarification to these new guidelines, we want to share what we know as of today and the timelines involved. As has been the case throughout the pandemic, things can change at a rapid pace and we will continue to communicate. If there are additional questions, please dpn't hesitate to reach out as we are working through several scenarios and moving pieces.
· All In-person team training is suspended, no team training held at the Iowa West Sports Plex
· All Iowa West Sports Plex youth leagues are suspended. Prorated refunds will be issued once a return to play date is announced. All games that cannot be played will be refunded.
· Great Plains Futsal – this activity is not affected by current mandates. ISA and IDPH has reiterated that the order does not apply to gatherings and events outside of Iowa. This is an optional activity for families and governed by USSSA and the state of Nebraska. CBSC still recommends mask use as it is an indoor activity, which carries additional risk.
· Training dates for Select and Academy families: December is scheduled to have additional break times built into the club rhythm/schedule. If a return to play date of 12/10 is upheld, CBSC will provide a phased training approach for players and add additional training options. More details to come, but will include small group “pod” training at a minimum.
· For teams with paid training time reservations at the Iowa West Sports Plex, refunds will be issued this week.
· Families participating in camps with Alex Trent will received additional communication.
· Hours of operation – effective 11/18/20 the Iowa West Sports Plex will be open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Additional hours by appointment or as necessary for non-sporting events and usage. Staff still available after hours as usual for urgent needs.
Thank you for your engagement and cooperation. We wish you all the best during these unprecedented times and sincerely appreciate our members.
Council Bluffs Soccer Club