- Help me to understand . . .That my child’s development is in the coaches hands.
- Help me to see . . .That this program is for the children, not for me.
- If in defeat our team should fall . . .Help me to stand tall.
- And if in victory our team should stand . . . Help me to extend a humble hand.
- If our philosophies don’t always agree . . . Help me support the coaches . . . for my child to see.
- For it is the philosophy of “fair play” . . . That the coach believes in my child in every way.
- And what more could I want for my child . . . Than someone who believes, truly believes, in my child.
Hollywood tough guy Ray Winstone promotes respect for the game.
Lose Respect….. Lose the Game….
Research has shown that more than 7,000 youngsters hung up their boots over the last couple of years due to pressure from the sidelines.
Most parents are very supportive and positive. However, this is what it’s like if a Little Leaguer were to act like some adults. This batter turns the tables, berating his dad for not cheering enough.
The US Youth Soccer Coaching Education Department created this view from the sidelines in an effort to create a positive learning environment for young soccer players. This presentation provides a unique blend of psychology/philosophy and interviews with children of various ages.